Blueberry Oat Flour Protein Muffins
Clean Carb Challenge
Delicious Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Clean Carb Blueberry Muffins
I love a baked treat with the best of 'em. Going clean carb doesn't mean you have to pass up on your favorite snacks. You simply have to adapt recipes to fit your wheat flour-free lifestyle. These blueberries muffins use oat flour, protein powder and healthy fats to create the perfect energizing snack pre or post workout.
Making your own oat flour is simple and inexpensive. Rolled Oats are traditionally gluten-free, however make sure to select oats that have not been processed with wheat to ensure their gluten-free status.
Pour your rolled oats into a food processor and pulse till it reaches a powdery consistency. That's it!
One cup of rolled oats yields approx one cup of oat flour. Let's bake!
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, ground into flour
- 1 scoop Organic Vanilla Protein Powder (can add two scoops for more protein if desired)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 2 tbs Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 12 count muffin tin generously with cooking spray/oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract, avo oil and egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the honey, maple syrup and mix very well until a batter is formed.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour the muffin batter into the greased muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.