Aerial Yoga Teacher Training - LEVEL 1
NOV 3 & 4, 2018
9:00 - 5:30 BOTH DAYS
MANTRA FIT NABBS CREEK
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is one of the newest blends of yoga and aerial circus arts, utilizing a silk hammock as a prop to aid the student in surrender during traditional postures that are difficult to achieve due to minimal flexibility or strength, physical injuries and often times, emotional fear.
Aerial Yoga is an amazing practice and fun way to change up your traditional experience with yoga on the mat, as well as a teaching yoga. Practicing Yoga in the hammock allows you to discover and unleash your hidden challenges and strengths. It balances and encourages deeper and unique stretching through a traditional Aerial Yoga Flow class.
Curriculum, Practice and Teaching.
Basic Beginner Level One Poses and Flow // How to teach an Aerial Yoga Flow Class
All sections of a traditional yoga class and will be taught in this training as well as:
• Safety Information and tips
• Benefits of practicing in the hammock
• How to assist your students in the hammock
• Centering the student prior to practice
• Breath Work
• Basic Standing Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Basic Seated Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Various wraps used in an Aerial Yoga Class
• Suspended Inversions such as back bends, hand stands, down dog, hip openers, savasana, and seated postures.
• How to balance classes of multiple levels
• Safety elements of the rigging
• Complete 60 minute class create and ready to use
• 10 required hours – karma/apprentice hours
• Hanging and caring for your silk and equipment
• Yoga Nidra Meditation that can be used to address fear and inhibitions
What are the benefits of Aerial Yoga Flow?
1. Physical Healing: Natural alignment and decompression of the spine and joints.
2. Emotional Healing: Opening the heart, hips, and core so that the student can go beyond their fear to inversion, creating a space for svdhyaya, self-study.
3. Spiritual Healing: Creating a new perspective, moving energy up to the crown chakra, broadening students understanding of who “I am” through the practice of isvarpranadhana, surrendering all to the universe.
Yoga Nidra has been referred to as yogic sleep, Yoga Nidra is a state of conscious deep sleep. When this state of deep consciousness is achieved, we are better able to achieve complete relaxation. During yogic sleep, your conscious, unconscious and subconscious minds work together to meet your physical, mental and emotional needs.
Yoga Nidra is quite different from meditation. During meditation, you remain in an awake state of consciousness as you allow unconscious and subconscious thoughts to enter your conscious mind. In yoga nidra, however, you leave the waking state and move into the deep sleep state of consciousness, yet you remain completely awake and alert through the transition. In Yoga Nidra, your body and mind are completely relaxed and quiet. Although the body and mind seem to be sleeping, your consciousness remains fully awake in the deep sleep state. In this state, your conscious mind is able to explore the deepest layers of your subconscious and unconscious minds.
- You will experience 30 minutes of Yoga Nidra in the hammock
What will you take away with you?
1. Background study on aerial arts and basic aerial yoga practices.
2. How to create a safe environment for the student and address fear in the student
4. Sequencing the practice to open and close the student’s hearts and Meditations that address fear and inhibitions
6. Assisting the student
7. Hanging and caring for your equipment
What will be in your 2-Day Certification
1 hour - aerial yoga class (included in tuition and built into training schedule)
2 hour - aerial yoga class observation
10 hours pose breakdown, peer teaching, feedback and practicum
3 hours teaching to (studio students) and feedback
2 hours preparing to teach one section out of the manual
1 hour for lunch each day
Earn 20 CEU’s - Yoga Alliance
This training is a unique and fun way to expand your experience as a yoga teacher and the perfect way to earn your CEU’s!
Teacher Training led by:
Kelly Kuder 500 E-RYT, 200 E-RYT
Co-Founder, Transcend Wellness & Yoga
Kelly A. Kuder – (500 E-RYT) has practiced various styles of yoga since 2000 and never imagined the positive impact it would have on her life. "When I found yoga after decades as a professional dancer as well as Aerial and SUP Yoga, I was hooked. “ I thought what? I don’t have to compete?” I love how yoga grounds me, Aerial Yoga lightens me, and SUP Yoga allows me to "ride the wave."... bringing me to a place of balance and freedom. Having the ability to share the gift of yoga, SUP Yoga and Aerial yoga with my students is such a blessing. Kelly is certified with the American Council on Exercise, a Certified Holistic Wellness Coach, and holds Masters Degree in Dance. She has also been Regional Manager for the DEA Youth Dance Program for over 13 years bringing free after school dance lessons as a creative and healthy alternative to risky behavior. Kelly is a mom of an adorable 13 year old and a rockin hubby!! Namaste… let your light shine!
TO ENROLL or ASK QUESTIONS, EMAIL: KELLYKUDER@MAC.COM
Mantra Fit Nabbs Creek
864 Nabbs Creek Road
Glen Burnie, MD
(Enter Nabbs Creek Marina in GPS)
Our studio is located waterside at Nabbs Creek Marina. Showers and restaurant (Broken Oar Bar & Grill) are on site.